Our weather here in Vermont has been amazing for the past month. Gorgeous, 80 degree days with very little humidity (knocking on wood). It’s time to put our grill to full use and not dirty any pots or pans in the house. Thankfully our garden has been producing a ton of radishes and I knew I had to figure out a way to be able to utilize them on the BBQ Grill. Before our low-carb days, we used to make pocket potatoes all the time. I figured I’d give it a shot with some fresh radishes and see how they would turn out. Ahhhhmazzzing! Seriously, I love the versatility of radishes and how you can use them in so many recipes to replace other ingredients. When you cook them, they change their flavor so much. If you haven’t tried them yet, I highly recommend giving this recipe a try.
Since radishes are usually very small, utilizing aluminum foil help keep them from falling through the cracks of the grill.
Wash your radishes, trim the roots and greens and then slice them. Layer them onto a piece of aluminum foil. Sprinkle with whatever seasoning you’d like. I used garlic powder, seasoned sea salt and pepper.
Then take the ends of the foil and wrap up your radishes, sealing the ends so the steam doesn’t escape the packets.
We enjoyed some BBQ Chicken along side the radishes. I used the same blend of spices to rub on the chicken. They cook for the same amount of time, flipping the chicken after 7-8 minutes.
With Fourth of July just around the corner, check out these amazing recipes from my Foodelicious Friends.
Join us for the #Foodelicious July 4th Recipe Roundup!
- Frangelico Berry Trifle by Little Family Adventure
- Special Edition 4th of July Ideas by It’s All About Life
- Red, White, and Blue – A Zabaglione Love Story by From Scratch
- Grilled Sweet Corn on the Cob by I Love My Disorganized Life
- BBQ Chicken, Pocket Radishes and Fourth of July Roundup by My Eating Clean Journey
- Grilled Beets Recipe by Joy Makin’ Mamas
- Lentil Soup by Pary Moppins
- Margaritas with a 4th of July Round Up by Mooshu Jenne