Black Bean Hummus
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans; drain and rinse
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Mince garlic (or use 1 T of already minced garlic) and add to the food processor. You can use the food processor to mince it also.
- Add black beans, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper; process until smooth. Scrape sides, if needed.
Great served with Baked Pita Chips.
The Hummus also works great as a substitute for mayonnaise on your wraps.
I used a whole grain wrap, spread the black bean hummus on the wrap, layered on lettuce, red onions, cucumbers and chicken. Roll up and enjoy!