Last night for dinner we made homemade chicken nuggets. No more processed, frozen nuggets for this family. These turned out so good. They were crispy and flavorful. I served them with a side of homemade BBQ sauce and roasted asparagus.
Today was my birthday. The big 45. My husband has off every Monday so I took the day off from work and we drove through the “notch” in Stowe, VT. Stopped at a local bar and grille for lunch, where I enjoyed a grilled chicken sandwich and a side salad with their homemade garlic vinaigrette. It was delish, although I was really full and only ate 1/2 the sandwich.
On our ride home we stopped at Cold Hollow Cider Mill to pick up some cider donuts. It’s a yearly tradition that we continue to do even though we are “eating clean”. If you’re ever in Vermont and driving up to Stowe (excellent skiiling by the way), make sure you add a stop to Cold Hollow to your list.
Black Bean Hummus
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans; drain and rinse
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Mince garlic (or use 1 T of already minced garlic) and add to the food processor. You can use the food processor to mince it also.
- Add black beans, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper; process until smooth. Scrape sides, if needed.
Great served with Baked Pita Chips.
The Hummus also works great as a substitute for mayonnaise on your wraps.