Last weekend my husband and I loaded for our third round on the Omni Drops Program. I was so ready to get back on track and start losing weight again. I completed phase 3 over a month ago but had to hold off on starting another round until after our cruise on the Carnival Splendor out of NYC. I wanted to enjoy the cruise, especially the food, and not worry about what’s approved to eat and what isn’t. I’m happy to report that after 10 days of indulgence, I only gained 4 pounds. I can’t even begin to tell you how much ice cream I consumed on the cruise.
Now that we’re home we’re back on track. Time to start losing again. Last week was my first week and I lost 9.2 pounds while my husband lost 11 pounds. Omni Drops are truly a fantastic program. Many people look at the approved food list and feel that there isn’t enough variety. I definitely disagree with that and I hope that my blog is helping some of you out with additional options. One of my favorite recipes is so quick to make and includes one of your fruit servings for the day – Hamburger Stew.
- 4 oz ground beef (hamburg)
- 3 oz tomatoes, chopped (fresh or canned - no sugar added)
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 oz spinach
- 2 squirts of mustard (spicy brown is okay to use also)
- salt, pepper and cayenne, to taste
- Brown the ground beef in a small pot. Add in the tomatoes, apple and mustard. Mix and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the spinach and cook until wilted (about 1 min). Add salt, pepper and cayenne. Serve.